SEMARANG, visitkhatulistiwa.com– For 11 days, the city of Semarang as the center of the capital of Central Java Province will prepare an annual event on an international scale, namely the Cheng Ho Festival Celebration procession held at the Great Sam Po Kong Temple Semarang. This celebration will be held from 9-19 August centered on the Great Sam Poo Kong Temple, Jalan Simongan 129 Semarang.
It is expected that there will be 13,000 domestic and international tourists who will enliven the festival and dozens of other interesting activities.
Although it is held annually, in 2018, this festival will be held more interesting and majestic than the previous year, through a series of international activities.
This celebration is a tribute to Admiral Cheng Ho’s great name which gives meaning to the importance of national unity. the acculturation of Javanese and Chinese culture left by Admiral Cheng Ho will also be an interesting show to attract tourists to come to Central Java Province.
The activities include:
– Praying ritual (9 August 2018, starting at 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
– Cheng Ho Night Festival (11 August 2018, 18:00 – 00:00 WIB)
– Procession of Deity / Kimsin (12 August 2018, 05.00-07.00 WIB)
– Art Stage (12 August 2018, 07.00 – 17.00 WIB)
– Social Service (August 14, 2018, 10:00 – 16:00 WIB)
– History of Cheng Ho (15 August 2018, 10:00 – 14:00 WIB)
– Various competitions for various ages (16-17 August 2018, starting at 10.00 – 16.00 WIB)
Read more : Dieng is Beautiful, Full of Lanterns